Whether you are planting new seeds for your future lives or healing yourself of the current one, you will find the quiet and wonder both internally and externally at Diamond Mountain.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” -Mahatma Gandhi
Are you ready to put your spiritual practice into action? Join one of our volunteer programs to learn how to transform service into a powerful spiritual practice. We offer several formal Volunteer service programs, starting with 2 weeks up to 4 weeks. If you want to stay longer please talk to us.
Live the Life of Service
“I was blown away by the embrace of everyone in the community. You both have an ease to your openness. Thank you for extending me your home and advice. I am so filled with gratitude.”
– Caitlin MacIntosh, Austin, TX
Program Length: 1 month
Dates: Offered on an ongoing basis
Investment: FREE of charge
Open to: Anyone who is spiritually curious or spiritually committed, especially those with a self-motivated practice of meditation, yoga, study, and service. Flexibility, reliability, integrity, and enthusiasm are qualities we look for in volunteers.
Serve & Study Lam Rim 39 – April 2022
“The experience at Diamond Mountain cannot really be reduced to words. I was able to live my heart’s calling of living and serving retreats.”
Dates: The Lam Rim retreat is April 2nd – 10th, 2022. Your program can start 2-4 weeks before that, or after that.
Program Length: 2-week, 3-week, or 4-week programs available
Investment: 2 week program = $250; 3 & 4 week programs = FREE of charge
Open to: Anyone who is spiritually curious or spiritually committed.
Volunteers serve 30 hours per week on average, in the areas of hospitality and cleaning, maintenance, landscaping, cooking or special event-based projects. Weekends are free to relax, meditate, and explore local attractions. If you’re looking to go deeper in your own practice and connect with a supportive community of practitioners, this is the perfect opportunity.
If you are accepted, we will provide you with:
- simple, shared accommodation with beds/bunk beds
- use of a community kitchen
- comfortable bed and linens
- transportation between Tucson Airport and Diamond Mountain
- an opportunity to serve the dharma while learning how to use service as a spiritual path!
For a list of suggested items to bring, please CLICK HERE.
Options for getting to Diamond Mountain:
- 🚖 Driving directions are here.
- 🚍 Greyhound bus can take you to Willcox, AZ from a variety of cities including Tucson, AZ, and Phoenix, AZ. We can pick you up from Willcox any day between 11 am and 5 pm.
- 🛬 We provide complimentary pick-up and drop-off from Tucson Airport on Wednesdays at any time between 10 am and 3 pm. Please do not book your flight without confirming it with us first.