10-Day Retreat on
“How to do Retreat”
Give your heart time to catch up with your knowledge.
Melt them into Wisdom.
Feb 21 - March 1, 2020
Are you studying a lot? Give yourself the time to let the teachings sink into your heart, and wisdom will spread into your daily life and practice.
Have you always wanted to do a solo retreat, but haven't had the time or courage to do your first one? We will guide you through your first 10-day retreat. This retreat is based on ACI's Daily Practice Course, "Ganden Hlagyama — A Thousand Angels of the Heaven of Bliss". You will receive all the advice and instructions you need to do your first retreat. We will pass on the knowledge of the lineage and our own personal experience on how to do a retreat.
We know the ups and downs and can guide you through any difficulties. And you will be surprised by the many moments of bliss.
- How to prepare for retreat. (Every participant will receive detailed instructions on how to prepare for your retreat)
- How to set your motivation
- Teachings on how to do retreat
- How to prepare tormas and protection markers
- Retreat schedule
- Daily meditation instruction class or guided meditation
- How to eat during a retreat
- What to do and not to do during the retreat
- How to stay balanced
- Teaching on "The Thousand Angels of the Heaven of Bliss"
- Daily guided yoga session
- Q&A sessions
- 8 full retreat days
- 3 vegetarian meals and a green drink each day
- Housing will be allocated according to booking times and levels
- Support by experienced retreaters
- Spiritual, emotional and physical emergency hotline 24/7
- Optional: Transportation from and to Tucson airport. (Roundtrip $150)
- Pickup in Tucson (La Quinta) 09:00 am, February 21, 2020
- Departure from Diamond Mountain 01:00 pm, March 1, 2020
(Please book your return flight from Tucson airport no earlier than March 1, 2020, 5:00 pm.)
Open to everybody who wants to learn how to do retreat. If you are not sure if a meditation retreat is for you — check out our article.
Language: English (If you need translation, please let us know.)
Ven. Gyelse: Practicing Buddhism for more than 20 years. She is Director of Diamond Mountain Retreat Center and has done countless retreats in our lineage, including a 3-year-retreat at Diamond Mountain. She teaches with lots of compassion and is always willing to share her personal experience.
Ven. Sunam: Practicing Buddhism for 10 years. Successfully practiced the "Circle Day" for more than 10 years and has done lots of short retreats and a 3-month-retreat in our lineage. She teaches with humor and lots of tips on how to apply the teachings in everyday life.
Registration Fees & Accommodation Categories:
Registration fees include your accommodation and 3 vegetarian meals per day.
- *Private Room: Economy - $964
- *Private Room: Standard - $1,081
- *Private Room: Deluxe - $1,180
- **Private House: Economy - $1,180
- **Private House: Standard - $1,405
*Private rooms accommodate 1 guest. Kitchen and Bathroom facilities are shared with your housemate.
**Private Houses accommodate 1 guest. Kitchen and Bathroom facilities are not shared with anyone else.
About our houses:
Most of our eco-friendly retreat houses include 12-volt solar electricity, composting toilets, and passive solar design, which allows them to naturally stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. All cottages have a full kitchen complete with pots and pans, cooking utensils and dining ware.
All economy cottages include 12-volt solar electricity, a composting toilet, a full kitchen and clean, running water. Some cottages have solar-heated hot water while others have on-demand hot water systems. Our economy cottages are more rustic in design and most have an outdoor shower and an outhouse with a composting toilet. (You can always take an indoor shower at the Community Center)
All standard houses include 12-volt solar electricity, an indoor composting toilet, an indoor shower, a full kitchen, and clean, running water. Some cottages have solar-heated hot water while others have on-demand hot water systems.
Our deluxe house can house up to 5 people, has on-the-grid AC electricity, 2 flush toilets, an indoor shower, a full kitchen, on-demand hot water, and potable running water.
Preparing for Your Visit
Registration fees are refundable:
- 50% refundable up to 1 months (before January 21, 2020)
- 25% refundable up to 2 - 4 weeks (between January 22 - March 6, 2020)
- 0% for the last 2 weeks (after March 6, 2020)
You are welcome to request an exception to this policy.